So I was thrilled at the recent arrival of a package in the mail from my dear aunt, a lifelong dolly enthusiast. There were lots of cool materials, but my favorite was definitely this adorable 18″ doll, naked and in need of a serious makeover. Apparently my aunt spent hours detangling her existing hair, but try as I might, I just couldn’t get it to look cute. That’s when I hit on the idea of simply replacing it! I used one of those fake-hair ponytail covers you can get at any beauty-supply shop, I think this one was about $3.99. I never wear it because it looks too shiny, but it ended up being the perfect style for this project, and the size fit dolly’s head perfectly!! After removing the existing hair, I used high-temp hot glue to attach it to her head, and I’m very pleased with the result!
Her cool galaxy tshirt was made from fabric using some cut-up thrift-store leggings and the excellent downloadable pattern found at Liberty Jane Patterns. Grab it here – it’s free!